Friday, September 27, 2013

New shoes / Never judge a book by its cover

 
I am here to confess that I own okay I lie 10  Sorry my bad, what I really meant to say was, that I own 14 pairs of High Heels.
Before you judge though, let me explain. For me when I buy a new pair of shoes I get into that particular state ( You know the one like when your at a party and your tipsy but not drunk, yet your close enough to drunk that your mind knows that if you have that one more shot of tequila or even beer then your going to be the definition of drunk. Yeah That Feeling). Anyway this post was a more than just a new pair of shoes(I just got distracted) It was more the experience that came with buying these shoes. I bought these shoes in the middle of a shady alleyway at a shop owned by a Nigerian couple by the beach side. Normally I wouldn't be found in those parts of town because the fact that you can only pay by cash and that you don't get receipts doesn't sit well in my 'Coconut' system. But my street savvy sister was the one who dragged me there as a way of exploration and truly in all honesty I can say I am grateful she took me there, because I was able to get these shoes at a bargain price of R250 and another pair of Betsey Johnson heels for a cool extra R125. So generally my note and consensus for you all, is that you should always be open to new places and keep an open mind because you never know, that piece of coal could actually be holding a diamond.
 
 
Coconut* - A term for someone who is black on the outside but white on the inside
 
“Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”   ―     Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of discipleship
 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment